Did you know you could be saving £350 on your Ohme installation with the OLEV Scheme?
What is OLEV?
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) is a team within the UK government working to support the early adoption of ultra-low emission vehicles (ULEV).
What is the EVHS grant?
The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) is a grant provided by OLEV, aimed at offering an additional incentive to UK EV drivers. It offers up to £350 towards the cost of installing smart electric vehicle chargepoints at domestic properties across the UK.
Do I qualify?
To qualify for the OLEV grant you need the following:
- You must have off-street parking.
- Your EV must have been purchased on or after 1st October 2016.
- Your car must be eligible for the grant. You can find a full list of eligible vehicles here
- The charger must be OLEV approved. All our Ohme smart chargers are approved – check them out here
- Your installation must be carried out by an OLEV approved installer.
- The date of installation should not be more than 4 months before the date of delivery of the car.
What makes a charger smart?
The government announced that from July 2019, all new EV chargepoints being installed must use innovative ‘smart’ technology. This means they must be able to be remotely accessed, and capable of receiving, interpreting and reacting to a signal. Smart charging helps reduce demand on the grid by allowing EV drivers to charge at off-peak hours, often at a better rate (read more on EV tariffs here https://www.ohme-ev.com/paid-to-charge)